HealthFit is pleased to offer Fitness Forward, a medically integrated program for stroke recovery. Created by HealthFit under the guidance of nationally renowned neurological experts from Sarasota Memorial’s Comprehensive Stroke Center, this program addresses challenges specific to stroke patients, including loss of flexibility, balance and strength and overall wellness.
Regain, Retrain & Retain. Those recovering from stroke are faced with varying degrees of muscle memory loss. Fitness Forward helps re-establish or regain those neuromuscular connections, retrain and ultimately retain them to achieve your stroke recovery fitness goals.
The Program Includes:
- Complete Stroke-specific Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
- Equipment Orientation & Customized Exercise Prescription Plan
- 1 Wellness Coaching Session with Certified Wellness Coach
- Nutritional Consultation with Registered Dietitian
- Monthly Support Group
- Group Exercise Training Program with Degreed Personal Trainer
Assessment/Outcome Measurements: (re-evaluated every 3 months)
- Balance & Overall Functional Ability
- Walking Exercise Capacity and Endurance
- Body Mass Index (BMI), Waistline Measurements & Body Fat Percentage
- Gait Assessment
- Fitness Forward meets every Monday & Wednesday, 12 pm Pricing*: $99 annual fee for all
- HealthFit members / $99 per month for all non-members